What does a typical day at Jobble look like? Well, if you peek into our office in the early hours you’ll see that our team is borderline obsessed with bagels. You’ll quickly learn that Closer, by the Chainsmokers, is kind of our thing, and that we love a good cup of tea. But more importantly, you’ll notice that our team is absolutely dedicated to making the job hiring process easier.
In the Beginning
Our CEO, Zack Smith, and Co-founder, Corey Bober, came up with the idea for Jobble while handing out rally cards during the Boston Marathon. They were Jobblers before there was Jobble and understood the ins and outs of a flexible workforce. Initially, Jobble solely focused on event marketing, but they discovered that an overwhelming amount of companies needed part-time help. With minor adjustments, and a dedicated team, we now serve as a platform to connect all companies looking to hire with people looking to work. But we don’t want to bore you with the details, here’s what life is like at Jobble.
In any startup it’s always exciting to welcome new members to the team. By the time an offer letter is signed, every Jobble employee is eager to get to know them. When I joined Jobble this May, we were a team of nine. Since then, we welcomed five new team members in less than four months.
Jobble’s culture is like a family. We love our traditions. Every new employee is welcomed with some Jobble SWAG and a celebratory round of drinks at one of our favorite Seaport locations. Speaking of company outings… we’re a huge fan of them. Whether it’s grabbing sushi at Fin’s or sharing some laughs at The Landing, outings give us a chance to enjoy each other’s company outside of the office. Just recently, we had many memorable moments at our annual Jobble company party where we had enough food to feed a professional football team. You could say that we’re all looking forward to this year’s holiday party.
The Round Table (Minus the Table)
When we’re in the office, we sometimes have these things we like to call “meetings.” I know, not as fun as getting drinks, but we made our own twist! Stuffed into one cozy room, we roll our computer chairs from each of the three office spaces into one circle and discuss what eventful things each one of us did over the weekend. Following our weekend recap, each team sets a goal for the week.
So, you may be asking yourself, what do we get if we absolutely crush it? Well, more often than not we’re welcomed with a round of snaps. Yes, we replaced traditional clapping with finger snapping. Super hip! But on the days that we really go above and beyond, we pop some bubbly and make our Fridays a little shorter. Adversely, on Fridays we discuss the highs and lows of each week, cover KPI’s, and talk about our plans for the weekend. Whether it’s a Friday or a Monday, we always end the meeting with a booming “GO TEAM!”
In a shared office space at a WeWork in Boston’s Leather District, our teams sit next to each other every day, finding ways to innovate Jobble. With three little offices (that some would consider one space), we house four teams: Marketing, Tech, Community Growth and Sales.
- Marketing. Among other things, Chris and I are in charge of orchestrating small– to large-scale marketing campaigns that rely heavily on data-driven decisions and creativity. Essentially, we’re the glue that brings everything together to make Jobble even more amazing than it already is!
- Tech. Brian and Kevin are the brains of the company. They are literally in charge of the entire platform. Whether it’s bug fixes, app suggestions, or adding new features, these guys have it covered.
- Sales. Corey, Erik, Jillian and Courtney are Jobble’s gladiators. Each and every day they work hard to find companies in need of an on-demand workforce and motivate them to explore the opportunities we offer. Without these guys, we wouldn’t be able to provide jobs to our Jobblers.
- Jobbler Acquisition. Matt, Andrew and Christina work together to help job seekers find fitting positions. They ensure an incredible experience for all of our Jobblers. Occasionally, Christina branches out to help Marketing with some great Jobbler-oriented blog posts!
- Zack. Also known as the Zack of all trades (yes, he gets his own category!), his daily routine consists of graphic design, website reconstruction, jumping on sales and acquisition calls, all while helping the tech team with bug fixes. Zack helps each team member in anyway that he can, finding a solution to any problem.
Cue the attitude and smiles!
If you were out and about in Downtown Boston two weeks ago, you may have spotted a herd of people sporting Jobble t-shirts getting photographed. Instead of taking the standard professional photos, we decided it would be cool to shoot in the city that inspired the concept for Jobble. Sporting crisp gray Jobble T’s, our team ventured out into the streets and took some pretty awesome shots. Check out our photoshoot extravaganza for yourself, they’re incorporated throughout the blog!
All in all, our personalities never make for a dull moment. We love some good pad Thai, a Spotify playlist with equal parts Drake and Tom Petty, and a good challenge. We’re not sure what the future holds for Jobble, but we do know that we’ll strive every day to become the number one platform for finding quality on-demand workers.