29 Jun, 2017
18 Places to Host Your Next Event in NYC
BY Michael Kutch
In the ‘city that never sleeps’ there’s an endless supply of venues for your next event, but trying to figure out where you’re going to host it can be quite daunting. From eclectic to classic, rustic to modern, NYC has all the options. Here are 18 of our favorite venues in the ‘Big Apple’!
Expansive panoramic views of the Hudson River, Hudson Yards, Times Square, the Empire State Building, and the best of Midtown Manhattan.
- Size: 2,000 sq. ft, 1,600 sq. ft – Rooftop
- Capacity: 80 seated, 225 reception
An outstanding, 360-degree view of the NYC skyline, including views of Tribeca, the Hudson River & Downtown NYC.
- Size: 15,000 sq. ft
- Capacity: 400 seated, 700 reception
Chelsea Piers is one of the most popular venues in NYC. You can golf, play soccer, basketball, ice skate, and rock climb (not to mention their pristine venues along the Hudson River).
- Pier Sixty
- Size: 20,000 sq. ft
- Capacity: 2,000 reception
- This is the largest waterfront venue in Manhattan
- The Lighthouse
- Size: 10,000 sq. ft
- Capacity: 800 reception
- The Current
- Size: 6,000 sq. ft
- Capacity: 360 reception
“The Liberty Warehouse is the only location in all of New York where the Statue of Liberty is face front as she looks on to France.”
- Size: 15,000 sq. ft, 3,000 sq. ft – Waterfront patio
- Capacity: 400 seated, 1200+ reception, two event rooms
Outstanding Japanese Cuisine.
- Size: 3,600 sq. ft
- Capacity: 12-180 seated, six event rooms
“Old world glamour meets modern luxury at The Beekman.”
- Size: 3,100 sq. ft – Entire lower level
- Capacity: 255 reception, five event rooms
Outstanding view of the Empire State Building.
- Midtown Loft
- Size: 5,000 sq. ft
- Capacity: 180 seated, 300 reception
- Midtown Terrace
- Size: 4,400 sq. ft
- Capacity: 100 seated, 150 reception
- Retractable enclosed rooftop so the terrace can be used year-round
An iconic, landmark restaurant located in Central Park.
- South Wing
- Size: 1,672 sq. ft
- Capacity: 125 seated, 200-225 reception, 75-80 reception & seated
- Size: 9,880 sq. ft
- Capacity: 250-300 seated, 500-700 reception, 400-500 reception with tent, 150 seated with tent
- Central Park Room
- Size: 1,837 sq. ft
- Capacity: 100-150 seated, 150-225 reception, 65-70 reception & seated
- Beer Garden
- Size: 2,500 sq. ft
- Capacity: 50-125 reception, 50-100 casual picnic seating
- Bar Room
- Size: 1,864 sq. ft
- Capacity: 50 reception & seated, 100-175 reception
- South Terrace
- Size: 3,900 sq. ft
- Capacity: 200-250 seated, 350-400 reception, 150-175 reception & seated
Excellent modern rooftop bar, located in NYC’s Theater District.
- Size: 3,000 sq. ft
- Capacity: 175 seated, 250 reception
Offering unparalleled flexibility in event production for over 18 years.
- Size: 13,500 sq. ft
- Capacity: 550 seated, 750 reception, two event rooms
Spectacular event space equipped with a 140-seat theater and screening room.
- Size: 4,000 sq. ft
- Capacity: 140 seated, 300 reception, 18 trade show booths
A large venue in the Marriott hotel, located in Brooklyn.
- Size: 47,397 sq. ft
- Capacity: 2,010 seated, 26 event rooms
Fantastic for live music performances.
- Terminal 5
- Size: 1,800 sq. ft
- Capacity: 500 seated, 1,200 (+240 onstage) reception, 32-42 trade show booths
- Music Hall of Williamsburg
- Capacity: 150-300 seated, 650 reception
- The Bowery Ballroom
- Size: 7,000 sq. ft
- Capacity: 100 seated, 600 standing
- Rough Trade NYC
Stunning architecture with high, grand ceilings.
- Size: 17,500 sq. ft
- Capacity: 20-650+ seated, 40-800+ reception, five event rooms
Extravagant rooftop features three levels of versatile event space.
- Size: 3,000 sq. ft – Ballroom
- Capacity: 600 reception, nine event rooms
Five-Star hotel with top-of-the-line meeting rooms.
- Size: 2,000 sq. ft
- Capacity: 18-145 seated, four meeting rooms
Famous music hall that offers elegant and stylish event rooms.
- May Room
- Size: 5,000 sq. ft, 465 sq. ft – Terrace
- Capacity: 34 seated, 50 reception
- Weill Terrace Room
- Size: 2,450 sq. ft
- Capacity: 230 seated, 250 reception
- Weill Music Room
- Size: 2,193 sq. ft
- Capacity: 200 seated
- Shorin Club room and Rohatyn room
- Size: 725 sq. ft – Shorin, 1,972 sq. ft – Rohatyn
- Capacity: 50-240 seated, 79-299 reception
- Rose museum (rented along with the Shorin Club Room): 1,276 sq. ft, 60 seated, 150 reception
Beautiful French decor and delectable menu.
- Size: 2,500 sq. ft, 6,700 sq. ft – Meeting rooms
- Capacity: 200 seated
NYC has over 800,000 buildings, which really means there’s an unlimited supply of venue locations. So, if you’re planning on throwing an event, this list should help you find the perfect spot. We hope this wasn’t too much apple for you to chew. If it was, toss the core (or eat it!!) and get going on your next event.
By the way, if you need some help making the event run smoothly and be, well, awesome, you’ll want to hire some Jobblers!